How to Deal with the Waste of Solar Panels?
The solar panel is a device that converts solar radiation energy directly or indirectly into electrical energy through a photoelectric effect or photochemical effect by absorbing sunlight. The main material of most solar panels is "Silicon", but due to the high production cost, it cannot be widely and widely used. Compared with ordinary batteries and rechargeable batteries, solar cells are more energy-saving and environmentally friendly green products.
Solar panels can convert light energy into electric energy, which brings great convenience to outdoor lighting. However, many people may think of a problem. As new energy, solar energy is energy-saving and environmentally friendly, which greatly reduces environmental pollution, but at the same time, it may involve another problem.
That is, these devices that use these new energy sources, such as solar panels, are damaged and scrapped, which has caused new pollution? This involves the recycling of battery panels.
Many materials used to make battery panels can be recycled. For example, the core material crystalline silicon can be reused in the heavy metal industry, glass panels can be sent to the glass manufacturing industry, aluminum frames can be sent to the aluminum refinery, cables, connectors, and the like can be crushed and reused in the form of copper beads, and waste plastics and the like can be used as fuel... So as long as they are handled properly, Don't worry too much about the new pollution to the environment or the waste of resources caused by the scrapping of solar panels.
So how should we deal with the scrapped solar panels?
- When the battery board is damaged and can be rescued and repaired, pay attention not to touch the battery board with your bare hands. After the battery board is scrapped, don't be careless. There will still be the risk of electric shock, so it's best to wear dry gloves or rubber gloves and other gloves with good insulation to isolate the risk of electric shock;
- If you encounter a solar panel connected by a cable, you should pay attention to unplugging the cable. If you can't unplug it, you should cut off the linked cable in other ways;
- For the cut cable, if there is copper wire exposed, it must be wrapped with plastic tape to avoid electric shock;
- After that, the solar panels will be transported to the waste place. To be cautious, it is best to use tools such as hammers to break the glass, and separate the glass, battery units, metal frames, wiring materials, etc., to facilitate the subsequent secondary utilization;
- In the whole operation process, it is best to cover the front of the battery board with blue tarpaulin or cardboard, or directly face down to avoid direct sunlight, which will cause the operation of the photoelectric conversion process and increase the risk. Even when there is no sun at night, you should pay more attention to avoid the battery board is powered on.
Cleaning of solar panels
Cleaning steps: 1. Observation and analysis; 2. Wash and brush; 3. Wash with water.
- Observation and analysis
First, check the pollution degree of the battery board to be cleaned before cleaning. In case of light pollution - no particles, only dust. We suggest only washing or brushing alone. This will not only save manpower and material resources but also extend the years for the surface of the battery panel to maintain a certain brightness. Increase its life!
- Washing and brushing
When deep cleaning is required, if particles are found on the surface or if it is not sure. Then it must be washed first, and then brushed after washing away the particles. Why brush? Because the washing operation can only remove the floating dust and particles on the surface. Especially particles. The effect is perfect. However, the pollutants with certain viscosity or produced by the chemical reactions are not very thorough. If the term of office develops over time, these pollutants can no longer be cleaned out.
- Washing with water
This step is very important! Don't wash it with water after brushing to save trouble. During washing, the tiny dust, particles and other sundries cleaned during brushing will be completely washed away from the surface of the battery board with water.